Canceled because of low enrollment. Please contact www.kinesiotaping.com for a KT1 & KT2 course in Marietta on Sept. 26-27. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Kinesio Taping® KT1 & KT2 Courses $519/$569
KT1 Fundamental Concepts, Screening/Muscle Test & Muscle Applications
The KT1 course is designed to introduce practitioners to the Kinesio Taping® Method. Over the course of this 8 hour class, the instructor will discuss the fundamental concepts of the Kinesio® Taping Method and the unique properties and use of Kinesio® Tex Tape. During lab sessions, attendees will have ample time to practice screening and muscle testing created for the enhancement of your KT skills and muscle applications for both the upper and lower body. Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to discuss and apply the Kinesio® Taping Method to relax overuse syndromes, stimulate weak muscles, and decrease pain and swelling. In addition to instruction provided by a Certified Kinesio Taping Instructor (CKTI), the attendee will receive 2 full-color Kinesio Taping® Workbooks (KT1 Workbook 1) to augment their training. Each attendee also receives 60 day membership to the Kinesio Taping® Association which includes access to a reference data base.
KT2 Advanced Concepts & Corrective Technique
(Prerequisite: KT1 course)
The KT2 course builds on material learned in KT1. During this 8 hour class, the instructor will introduce the six Corrective Techniques (Mechanical, Functional, Space, Fascia, Ligament/Tendon, and Lymphatic) and discuss their application in a variety of clinical conditions. During lab sessions, attendees will have ample time to practice applying these techniques to a variety of upper and lower body conditions. Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to discuss and apply the KT Method to orthopedic & neurological conditions. Attendees will receive Workbook 2 (KT Correctional Techniques and Clinical Applications) to augment their training.
KT1 & KT2 Course Objectives:
- Describe the concepts of Kinesio Taping
- Review muscular anatomy as it is related to Kinesio Taping
- Explain and apply the concepts of the Kinesio Taping Method
- Describe the unique qualities of the Kinesio Tex Tape
- Recognize the principles of Kinesio Tex Tape application
- Utilize and demonstrate application skills in guided laboratory sessions
- Demonstrate application skills during lab sessions
- Practice the various cutting techniques and their clinical application
- Apply the Kinesio Taping Method to relax and stimulate muscles
- Apply the Kinesio Taping Method for pain, swelling, joint mobility, and stability
- Apply various taping techniques for treatment of the spine, and upper/lower extremity dysfunction
- Apply various taping techniques for treatment of unique conditions using the concepts and principals of the Kinesio Taping Method
In order to attend a Kinesio Taping® seminar, each attendee must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Must have completed 80 course hours of anatomy & physiology
2. Must have a working knowledge of the musculoskeletal system
3. Must be able to do assessments by evaluating and/or diagnosing injuries and conditions
4. Must have achieved or is a student in their junior or senior year (transcripts must be provided) working towards one or more of the following credentials: ARNP, ATC, CAT(C), CCSP, CDP, CHT, CLT, CMBT, CMT, CNMT, COMT, COTA, COTA/L, CPO, CPT, CPTA, CRN, CST, CT, DC, DO, DOM, DPT, Lac, LAT, LLCC, LMBT, LMP, LMT, LOT, LOTA, LPT, LPTA, MD, MDT, MLD, MOT, MOTR/L, MPT, MT, MTC, NCMT, NCTMB, NDT, NMD, NMT, NP, NRC, OCS, ODT, OMD, OPA, OT, OTA, OTC, OTR, OTR/L, PT, PT-C, PTA, PA, RMT, RN, RPT, RPTA, SCS, SLP.
Refund Policy: One month prior to class, full refund minus 10%. Within one month from class 50% refund. Within one week NO REFUND.
*CE credits are approved for these professions:
Occupational Therapists - AOTA (Provider #4489 - 16 CE hours); State of Florida Board of Occupational Therapy (Provider #50-2081 - 16 CE hours)
Licensed Massage Therapists - State of Florida Board of Massage Therapy (Provider #50-2081 - 16 CE hours); NCBTMB (Provider #386613-00 - 16 CE hours)
Certified Athletic Trainers - NATA BOC (Provider #P2293 - 16 CE hours); State of Florida Board of Athletic Training (Provider #50-2081 - 16 CE hours)
Physical Therapists - State of Florida Physical Therapy Association (20 CE hours #CE150223536). Accreditation of this course does not necessarily imply that the FPTA supports the views of the presenter or the sponsors. ProCert Approval for 12 CCU's for KT12, valid in 20 states: AK, AZ, CA, DE, DC., GA, IN, IL, KS, KY, MO, MT, NE, NC, OR, SC, TN, UT, VT, VA & WI.
PLEASE NOTE - D.C. Continuing Education credit is not available.