Kinesio® Taping Method Courses
St. Petersburg FL
Sept. 9-10 & October 14, 2017
(All days 8:00 am - 5:30 pm - Arrival time is 7:30-7:45 am)
Advanced (+1 month in advance):
September 9-10 & October 14, 2017 - $749
September 9-10 ONLY - $519
October 14, 2017 ONLY - $249
Full Price (1 month - 1 week in advance):
September 9-10 & October 14, 2017 - $799
September 9-10 ONLY - $569
October 14, 2017 ONLY - $279
Late (within 7 days in advance):
September 9-10 & October 14, 2017 - $829
September 9-10 ONLY - $599
October 14, 2017 ONLY - $299
Kinesio® Taping Assessments, Fundamental Concepts & Techniques
The two-day course is designed to introduce participants to the science, assessment and step-by-step application techniques of the Kinesio® Taping Method. The first day includes lecture tutorials of the history and development of Kinesio Tex® Tapes and the Kinesio® Taping Method. The science and theory regarding how stimulus is transmitted through the skin and the resulting therapeutic benefit is reviewed. Taping concepts are presented in a “superficial to deep” progression. Day one includes corrections for Epidermis, Dermis, Superficial and Deep Fascia, Space and Muscle corrections in case study format for a variety of conditions. Each application is explained and demonstrated by the instructor. During the ample lab time, participants then perform the manual and movement assessments and follow the step-by-step instructions for correct taping technique based on the case study presented. Time is allotted for questions and group discussions regarding clinical reasoning for each correction and cut of tape. Participants will be instructed on the testing rubric for day two.
Day two builds on the material in day one, completing the Muscle Corrections with assessments and labs. This day continues with instruction and demonstration of assessment and taping procedures for the Mechanical, Tendon, Ligament and Circulatory/Lymphatic corrections in case study format. During lab sessions, participants will have ample time to practice new manual and movement assessments and correct taping techniques for conditions involving the upper limbs, lower limbs and trunk. Time is allotted for questions and discussion of the assessment flow charts to determine correct applications and general progression of treatment clinically. At the conclusion of day two, participants are required to participate in a practical exam of a basic taping technique. The participant must pass the exam to attain the CEU certificate for this course. All participants will receive a full color Kinesio® Taping workbook and a 60-day access code to the KTAI database.
Kinesio® Taping Advanced Techniques and Clinical Reasoning
This one-day course offers a brief review of the basic taping and assessment concepts learned in the first two days of the course. Advanced taping techniques and assessments are presented as lecture tutorials to introduce step-by-step applications for chronic edema, scar and fascial management, nerve taping as well as acute and chronic pain management. Participants will be offered ample lab time to practice each advanced technique guided by the assessment flowchart for clinical decision making. Case studies are presented for designing a clinically relevant application within a treatment program guided by the instructor. Case studies are then introduced for small groups of students to practice the variety of assessment techniques and advanced taping applications.
- Identify and list three indications, four precautions and four contraindications for applying tape for multiple conditions. (Cognitive Domain)
- Identify the six major physiological systems that are affected by tape. (Cognitive Domain)
- As a novice taper, design an individualized treatment program from acute through the rehabilitation stages using tape as a modality. (Cognitive Domain)
- Demonstrate the basic understanding and competence in manual direction assessments (tissue and muscle) and six screening assessments (Psychomotor Domain)
- Demonstrate basic competence throughout the two-day course within 27 labs. (Psychomotor Domain)
- Demonstrate basic competency by passing a practical exam at the end of day two (Psychomotor Domain)
- Appreciate the rationale for altering tension below 50% tension and I, Y and web cuts of tape to vary stimulus necessary for therapeutic benefit of tape (Affective Domain)
- Appreciate the different stimulation from cut and tension using the Kinesio Taping® method (Affective Domain)
- Appreciate the differences in properties for five different manufacturer’s tapes per research review (Affective Domain)
- Demonstrate increased understanding of pretense for taping as a modality by increasing number of correct answers on post-test as compared to pretest
In order to attend a Kinesio® Taping seminar, each attendee must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Must have completed 80 course hours of anatomy & physiology
2. Must have a working knowledge of the musculoskeletal system
3. Must be able to do assessments by evaluating and/or diagnosing injuries and conditions
4. Must have achieved or is a student in their junior or senior year (transcripts must be provided) working towards one or more of the following credentials: ARNP, ATC, CAT(C), CCSP, CDP, CHT, CLT, CMBT, CMT, CNMT, COMT, COTA, COTA/L, CPO, CPT, CPTA, CRN, CST, CT, DC, DO, DOM, DPT, Lac, LAT, LLCC, LMBT, LMP, LMT, LOT, LOTA, LPT, LPTA, MD, MDT, MLD, MOT, MOTR/L, MPT, MT, MTC, NCMT, NCTMB, NDT, NMD, NMT, NP, NRC, OCS, ODT, OMD, OPA, OT, OTA, OTC, OTR, OTR/L, PT, PT-C, PTA, PA, RMT, RN, RPT, RPTA, SCS, SLP.
Refund Policy: One month prior to class, full refund minus 10%. Within one month from class 50% refund. Within one week NO REFUND.
St. Anthony's Carillon Outpatient Center,
900 Carillon Parkway, St. Petersburg FL 33716
*CE credits are approved for these professions:
Occupational Therapists - AOTA (Provider #4489 - 8 CE hours/day); State of Florida Board of Occupational Therapy (Provider #50-2081 - 8 CE hours/day), State of Alabama Board of Occupational Therapy (Provider #50-2081 - 8 CE hours/day)
Licensed Massage Therapists - State of Florida Board of Massage Therapy (Provider #50-2081 - 8 CE hours/day); NCBTMB (Provider #386613-00 - 8 CE hours/day)
Certified Athletic Trainers - State of Florida Board of Athletic Training (Provider #50-2081 - 8 CE hours/day)
Physical Therapists - Florida Physical Therapy Association (#Available on request).
PLEASE NOTE - D.C. Continuing Education credit is not available.